Welcome Prospective Parents
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Montessori Habitat. Each day at our school is an exciting new opportunity to enrich the minds of our students, and we hope your child will join us.
Montessori Habitat admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Montessori Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies or admission policies. We accept children between the ages of 3 and 14 years.
There are no specific academic entrance requirements; however, we base admission decisions on many factors, especially your child’s age and suitability for our program.
Please contact us regarding availability for your child, and to schedule your personal tour of our school. We will be happy to answer your questions and provide additional information about our educational programs.
We know it’s not easy to select the right school for your child. Our admission process makes it easier!
1. Schedule a virtual school tour and a Q & A session with the Montessori Habitat Teacher.
2. Complete and submit the application form for your child.
3. Join us for a family/student interview/visit *.
4. Submit academic records, including standardized test scores for the last two years (applicants for grades 2nd – 8th only).
5. Provide your child’s current teacher and one other teacher (former teacher, “specials” teacher, music teacher, coach, religious teacher) with our teacher recommendation form and ask them to complete and mail as instructed on the form.
6. Acceptance, wait-list, and denial decisions are made on a rolling basis.
*Family/student interviews are scheduled for the child or adolescent applicant and their parent prior to an acceptance decision. Our goals for the interview/visit process are to determine the child or adolescent’s readiness for our school, to familiarize the child or adolescent with our school, and to establish mutual understanding between the school and the family.
All applicable items must be submitted before an application file is complete. Factors for acceptance, when applicable, are family/student interviews, academic and extracurricular records, and teacher recommendations. Montessori Habitat seeks students who are eager to be members of a purposeful, mixed-aged community that emphasizes learning with joy, commitment, and responsibility, along with the development of personal, interpersonal, and community skills so as to be responsible, caring, kind, and participating citizens of their classroom communities and beyond.
Have A Question?
We tried to think of everything, but if you have a question please let us know! We aim to respond to all inquiries quickly, with our office being open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am-5:30 pm.